SRC approves new allowances for regional heads, chiefs
By Allan Mungai | May 7th 2021
Regional Commissioners, County Commissioners, chiefs and their deputies could soon earn more for performing extra duties after the Salary and Remuneration Commission approved payment of new perks.
The allowances will range from Sh7,000 for assistant chiefs to Sh8,000 for regional commissioners.
The announcement of a new Field Service Allowance is a reprieve for about 9,000 people employed by the Ministry of Interior and serving as National Government Administration officers who are set to be paid extraneous allowances.
Interior Principal Secretary Karanja Kibicho said the allowances were aimed at motivating the officers and improve service delivery.
A press release from the ministry said the PS met with Public Service Commission to discuss succession management and filling vacancies within the established structures in the ministry using internal capacity.
"The authorisation of the extraneous allowance had come after extensive deliberations on recompensing the administrators – from the assistant chief to the Regional Commissioner – commensurate with the nature of their work and the risks they face in the field," Dr Kibicho said.
He said yesterday PSC and SRC had taken into account the extra responsibilities, as well as the extraneous nature of their roles, fairness, and equity relative to all other public servants.
Brewer, not national Olympics body, owns 'Team Kenya'
- Obiri's cloud has a silver lining
- Netherland’s Hassan beats Obiri to 5,000m gold in Tokyo
- Religion: Sunday is just a day for rest in Japan
Missing student found dead at university grounds
- Raila agrees to share political party billions with Wiper, other parties
- Unknown people were tracking Wycliffe Omwenga
- Fanfare as Raila meets musicians
By Betty Njeru
- Letter from Ithanga: Murang’a’s unexploited agricultural Canaan
By XN Iraki
- The four options for Kalonzo in 2022 succession