Court orders Nairobi bar to pay fired cleaner Sh253,725
By Daniel Chege
| May 29th 2021
The Employment and Labour Relations Court in Nairobi has ordered a food and drink joint to pay its former cleaner over Sh250,000 for wrongful dismissal.
Judge Mathews Nduma ruled that Jeska Demesi proved her case of wrongful dismissal by Six Wings Bar and Restaurant.
Nduma ruled that Demesi proved she had worked in the food and drink joint for over 16 months without salary, house allowance, double pay and overtime, and directed the establishment to pay Demesi all the items she set out in her testimony and statement of claim.
Why break your pretty nails doing laundry yet you can dial for help?Entrepreneurs who aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty are minting cash from this hands-off approach on household chores.
Diabetes: Insulin now an essential drugListing NCDs is a relief to Kenyans like 65-year-old Kahuho Mathai from Nyeri County, who was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure.
Woman bought cake, wrote five-page suicide note before killing self and two children
- Ngirici rebrands campaign vehicles, says Ruto likely to lose
- Major showdowns in Central Rift as former MPs stage comebacks
- List of governors who attended Naivasha meeting in support of Raila presidential bid
- Ruto blames Raila after chaos rock his Jacaranda rally
- Raila, Muriithi and Peter Kenneth hold meeting at Atwoli’s home