Two suspected gangsters shot dead in Kawangware, Nairobi
By Patrick Vidija | April 29th 2021
Two suspected gangsters have been shot dead by police officers in Kawangware.
The Directorate of Criminal Investigations said the two were part of a group that has been terrorising members of the public.
The DCI said one of the suspects was lucky to escape in the Wednesday night incident.
"The officers, who were on foot patrol within stage 56, responded in the nick of time after the thugs had just attacked a man at gunpoint. Earlier on, the officers had challenged them to surrender but the thugs shot at them, triggering a fierce shootout that led to the death of the two. However, one of them escaped using a motorbike whose identification was concealed,” the DCI said.
The directorate said a firearm with one round of 9mm calibre was recovered and handed over to DCI ballistic experts for examination.
Meanwhile, bodies of the fatally wounded were moved to City mortuary, pending identification.
Kalonzo surprises himself by taking firm stand on 2022
By Peter Kimani
- Zambia's founding president Kenneth Kaunda dies aged 97
- Curfew in 13 counties changed, to start from 7pm to 4am
By Brian Okoth
- Senior police officer’s daughter crushed to death by two matatus
- I haven’t asked for your support, Raila to Kalonzo
- 'Awesome to behold, famously unsentimental, Kirubi took no prisoners’
By John Ngumi