In pictures: Heavy downpour disrupts business at Gikomba market
By Denish Ochieng | April 6th 2021
Traders and customers at the Gikomba Market in Nairobi have been forced to look for alternative means to access businesses at the market.
A sewer line serving the market has blocked, pushing out filth at the junction of Kinyanjui Street near Solidarity Building.
Market-goers were forced to jump over sewage to access the other side of the market.
The traders fear a possible disease outbreak if the blockage remains unattended.
At Kinyanjui junction, a manhole flooded the front side of the market, making it inaccessible.
William Ouko picked for Supreme Court Judge position
By Brian Okoth
- Reprieve for Mwaura, Omanga in Jubilee expulsion case
- Turkey opposition leader's kin 'abducted' in Nairobi
By Kamore Maina
- Police launch manhunt for mastermind behind Naivasha carjacking
- Evans Karani denies killing Catherine Nyokabi
- Suluhu: I came to introduce myself, cement Kenya-Tanzania ties