Man jailed for extorting Senator Anwar Loitiptip
By Jael Mboga
| March 18th 2021
A man accused of sharing a video of Lamu Senator Anwar Loitiptip smoking shisha in the company of a woman identified as Aeedah ‘Bambi’ Pesian Ahmed, has been sentenced to one-year imprisonment.
Jones Mbolo, who appeared before Nairobi magistrate Martha Mutuku on Wednesday, pleaded guilty to attempting to extort money from Bambi so as not to share the video purportedly taken at a city restaurant of the personality contravening the law by smoking shisha.
Mbolo allegedly threatened to expose Bambi on social media platforms and was arrested on Monday, February 15, after she filed a police report. Loitiptip was listed as a witness.
"Having demonstrated to the probation officer that you are a man of means, l fine you Sh200,000 in default to serve one year in prison. Right if appeal within 14 days," ruled Mutuku.
Co-op Bank’s profit dips on loans coverCo op bank's net earnings down by 24 per cent to Sh10.9b as Corona pandemic hurts lender’s customers.
Diabetes: Insulin now an essential drugListing NCDs is a relief to Kenyans like 65-year-old Kahuho Mathai from Nyeri County, who was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure.
Esther Passaris mourns father’s death
- Bogonko’s family in pain eight years later as brother is buried
- Change of guard at Maasai Mara University as Prof Chacha takes over
- Ruto forced to wait for 30 minutes after arriving for church function
- Cabinet reshuffle looms as CSs eyeing elective seats set to quit
- Idi Amin’s house in sleepy Nyeri village stirs painful, dark memories