Photo: Committee grills KEMSA scandal beneficiary
By Judah Ben-Hur
| March 2nd 2021
The Public Investment Committee (PIC) cornered Eunice Cherono, Director, Leon interior decor and design, one of the beneficiaries of the Kenya Medical Supplies Authority (KEMSA) scandal.
Ms Cherono told the committee, "I had never done any medical suppliers before. I take advantage of any business loophole."
She received a 42million tender to supply Kemsa PPEs and masks.
MPs accuse her of being a proxy. Her company got a commitment letter to supply Kemsa on April 30, 2020, a week before she wrote an intent letter which she did on May 6, 2020.
Why water in Lake Elementaita is turning pinkThe change of colour is becoming a puzzle, however, it remains a common phenomenon in the alkaline lakes within Rift Valley.
Opening Ceremony: Kenya takes her pride of place as 2020 Tokyo Paralympic Games beginTeam Kenya Paralympics strolled majestically into the Tokyo Olympic Stadium led by captain Rodgers Kiprop and Powerlifter Hellen Wawira for the Openin
Disappointment as Ruto fails to attend funds drive
- Two schools closed as police arrest a teacher over arson attack
- Rang’ala Boys closed indefinitely after students become unruly, demand for holidays
- Ranguma drops governorship bid, endorses Obura for seat
- Mwingi deaths could have been avoided
- Unity test for Mudavadi party as big three eye Kakamega top seat