Video: Travellers quarantined at KU protest detention
By Moses Michira | April 15th 2020
Travellers who have been quarantined at Kenyatta University since March 23 have staged a walkout to protest their extended detention.
The group of 21 which has been living in the Annex of KU Conference Centre were ordered to stay on after the latest test found two of their peers were Covid-19 positive.
A showdown with the authorities is expected on the act of defiance on the directive to extend their stay which they claim is unjustified.
Riot police have been deployed to stop them from leaving the facility even though they have already made their way to the institution’s gate bearing their packed personal effects.
Seven others from a different cohort and had been released last Saturday are still held at the facility over inability to settle accommodation fees worth Sh38,000 by then.
Covid 19 Time Series
Kiru School principal’s widow declared guilty of murder
- Family appeals for help for American man held in hospital over bill
- 16-year-old girl ends her life over boyfriend
- Editors rally for TV station after exposé
- Moni Wekesa: The academic giant in the hot CJ seat today
By Betty Njeru
- Why man’s CCTV evidence is useless in his divorce case