The US embassy in Nairobi has issued an alert for a planned terror attack in the capital city.
The alert seen by Standard Digital said, “Terrorist groups may be plotting an attack against a major hotel in Nairobi. The exact hotel has not been identified, but it is believed to be a hotel popular with tourists and business travelers.”
Authorities have since asked Kenyans to remain vigilant as they carry on with their daily activities.
The measures to take include:
- Exercise increased vigilance when visiting or staying at hotels in the Nairobi area.
- If staying at a hotel, be aware of the hotel’s evacuation plan. Plan ahead of time how you would exit the hotel in case of an emergency.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Monitor local media for updates.
SEE ALSO: Star Langát habours big dreams at global stage
In reiteration, the National Police Service said it has enhanced border surveillance to prevent criminals from entering the country.
“We have enhanced police deployment in our cities, towns and particularly in those parts of the country where criminal elements have occasionally instigated criminal activities,” it said in a statement.
The authority has asked Kenyans to remain vigilant and exercise extra caution even as police and other security agencies continue to work round the clock to keep all its citizens safe.
It also added that Kenyans have no reason to conduct their affairs and businesses with fear, owing to the high level security measures in place.