Morris the 'opportunity boy’ goes back home
By Jacqueline Mahugu
| March 26th 2016
NAIROBI: Homeless of Nairobi, the organization that has been taking care of Morris Mwenda, the famed former street boy says he has gone back to their shelter.
Speaking to The Standard over the phone on Saturday, the founder of the home, Shamit Patel said that the boys had called the house mother and said that they wanted to go back home.
Earlier, Morris and some other boys had been filmed on the streets of Nairobi after they escaped their Gachie home where they vowed never to return.
Patel said that they have been running the home for one and a half years and that this was normal when trying to rehabilitate the children. “This is just a small misunderstanding, just like all families have with their children,” he said.
He also denied that the boys had been beaten.
“We have been speaking with Morris and we are going to put up a video with him explaining what he meant on that video,” he said.
Homeless of Nairobi has been posting Morris’ and the rest of the boys’ progress on their Facebook page and said that they did not want what they have been building over one and a half years to be destroyed through misinformation.
Man shot six times with arrows by sports club guards in KisiiA man is fighting for his life at Kisii Level Five hospital after watchmen guarding Kisii Sports Club shot him with arrows six times on Saturday morning.
Restoring Nairobi’s iconic librariesBook Bunk is turning public libraries into what they call ‘Palaces for The People' while introducing technology in every aspect.
Man who walked 230km to attend Mashujaa celebrations left stranded at hotel
- Kiraitu Murungi party to endorse Governor Muriithi as Raila deputy
- You will pay Sh5,000 for not using city footbridges
- Uhuru, Ruto in a show of comradeship at Mashujaa Day Celebration
- The two women in Ndichu twins altercation speak out
- 10-year boy fighting for life, two women arrested after an attempted exorcism