Heavy traffic in Nairobi attributed to children’s event at Carnivore Restaurant
By Cyrus Ombati
| August 2nd 2014
Nairobi, Kenya: Police have attributed the heavy traffic jam in Nairobi to a children’s event at Carnivore Restaurant along Langata Road and called for patience.
The Kids Festival is ongoing at the restaurant and many vehicles have spilled to Lang’ata Road.
Traffic police have been sent to the affected areas to stabilize the situation.
Traffic Commandant Charlton Muriithi said they have deployed extra personnel to address the problem.
"Those who can get this information in time should avoid these roads especially Uhuru Highway and Langata Road”, Muriithi said.
Giraffe being transported in trailer dies after hitting head on motorway bridgeA giraffe being transported in a trailer died after hitting its head on a motorway bridge.
Opening Ceremony: Kenya takes her pride of place as 2020 Tokyo Paralympic Games beginTeam Kenya Paralympics strolled majestically into the Tokyo Olympic Stadium led by captain Rodgers Kiprop and Powerlifter Hellen Wawira for the Openin
All 400 Maranda School Form 4 students sent home indefinitely
- Duale: Uhuru’s sudden appearance during my TV interview didn’t scare me
- Man who shot woman he thought was fugitive cop Kangogo found dead
By Osinde Obare
- Police officers’ ‘slashed salaries’: What’s happening?
By Mate Tongola
- Country's only known alligator since 1967 on the brink of death
- My old-fashioned watermill has served me for 90 years, says miller