Top 10: Most embarrassing things about parents
By -The Mero
| November 4th 2013
From talking about sex to bizarre mid-life crisis behaviour, a new poll has revealed the things we find most cringe-worthy about our parents.
More than 2,000 people were asked to reveal their most embarrassing parent moments by TV channel Gold, marking the launch of new comedy You, Me & Them.
For the majority of Britons, watching sex scenes on the TV with mum and dad was deemed by far the most cringe-worthy activity.
Steve North, manager of UKTV channel Gold said: ‘It is clear from our research that parents across the country are causing their offspring great embarrassment.’
Top 10: The Cringe Index
1. Watching sex scenes in movies with parents – 57%
2. Parents talking about sex – 48%
3. Parents using abbreviations such as YOLO, OMG and LOL – 40%
4. Public displays of affection between parents – 36%
5. Mid-life crisis behaviour of dad – 34%
6. Questionable parental literature– i.e. mum reading 50 Shades Of Grey – 32%
7. Embarrassing swimwear and cycling gear ie MAMIL (Middle Age Man In Lycra) – 22%
8. Drunk parents – 21%
9. Discovering dodgy search histories on your parents’ computers – 10%
10. Parents copying your dress sense – 8%
Adapted from the Metro
Optical disk that holds data for millions of yearsToday’s storage devices are capable of storing large amounts of data. However, regardless of their memory sizes, the data stored can only last for about 10 years when at room temperature.
Opening Ceremony: Kenya takes her pride of place as 2020 Tokyo Paralympic Games beginTeam Kenya Paralympics strolled majestically into the Tokyo Olympic Stadium led by captain Rodgers Kiprop and Powerlifter Hellen Wawira for the Openin
Kipsigis Girls closed after students storm out of school
By Nikko Tanui
- Former minister’s cows attached over Sh888,000 debt
- Guards detained for seven days over death of teenage boy at Komothai Girls
- Chakwera: The Buruburu lecturer who became Malawi president
- MP, Khalwale differ over calls to support Mudavadi
- Matiang’i condemns Ruto rally disruption