Man, wife, 1-year-old daughter involved in crash on Namanga-Kajiado Rd
By Peterson Githaiga | April 10th 2021
A man, his wife and their 1-year-old daughter survived a crash after a private vehicle they were travelling in hurtled off the Kajiado-Namanga Road on Saturday morning.
The trio was heading to Kajiado Town from Kitengela, when the accident occurred at Isinya area, near Umma University at 8am.
Police say the saloon car driver, who is the family patriarch, miscalculated his timing when attempting to overtake another vehicle. On realising a lorry was fast approaching from the opposite direction, and the looming head-on collision could be fatal, the driver swerved to the right, but rolled over and landed in a ditch.
The driver sustained serious injuries, whereas his wife and child escaped with bruises.
The family was taken to Kajiado County Referral Hospital, where they are receiving emergency care.
The mangled wreckage of the family car was towed to Isinya Police Station.
Education Ministry must resolve chaotic Form One selection and placement
By Clay Muganda
- Woman faints after police raid church over Covid rule breaches [PHOTOS]
By Nikko Tanui
- Makueni family cries for justice after class seven pupil gang raped
- Chris Kirubi and the gospel of seek ye first wealth and all...
- Six police officers arrested drinking in bar during curfew
- Farmers in Kieni receive solar powered boreholes