CS Mwangi Kiunjuri and Eugene Wamalwa launch irrigation projects
By Irissheel Shanzu | August 7th 2016
Devolution Cabinet Secretary Mwangi Kiunjuri and his Water counterpart Eugene Wamalwa are on a two-day tour to commission water and irrigation projects in Turkana, West Pokot and Baringo counties.
In Turkana South Sub County, the CSs commissioned the Loyapat Irrigation Scheme project, which covers 150 acres and will cost Sh70 million.
Speaking at Kainuk, Kiunjuri said the Government's agenda is to ensure no one goes hungry. “We are putting over 150 acres of land in this region under irrigation.
Turkana people have made up their minds to focus on farming now that there is peace at the border of West Pokot and Turkana counties,” he said.
Three arrested over failed raid on Kinamba Police Station
- The long and vicious battle for Samuel Wanjiru’s millions
- In God's name: How gospel greats sow seeds of sin
- Suspended SDA students record exemplary performance in KCSE
By Nikko Tanui
- Assistant Inspector-General of Police William Sing’oei found dead
By Kamore Maina
- How Wajir governor’s wife took over running of county