Government declares Monday public holiday
By Moses Nyamori | April 29th 2016
The Government has declared May 2 a public holiday to celebrate Labour Day. In a Gazette Notice dated April 28, Interior Cabinet Secretary Joseph Nkaissery declared Monday a national holiday to celebrate workers.
"It is notified for general information that Monday, May 2, 2016 will be a public holiday pursuant to Section 3 of the Public Holidays Act," Nkaissery said in a statement.
Last Sunday, Central Organisation of Trade Unions Secretary General Francis Atwoli led the country's workers in prayers in preparations for the celebrations.
Labour Day is marked annually across the globe on the first day of the fifth month. The fete is always dominated by talk of pay rises for labourers.
Drama as woman storms wedding [PHOTOS]
- High Court judges ignored key issues in ruling on BBI
By Edris Omondi
- Bodies of men allegedly thrown in river recovered
- ‘Israel supports Kenya’s de-escalation stance but must protect its citizens’
- Nullification of BBI wasn't shocking, it was the language used by judges
- Lecturer awarded Sh 416,000 for breach of contract