By Mirror |
November 20th 2018 at 04:48:32 GMT +0300
Juventus reportedly enquired about re-signing Paul Pogba before their Champions League clash with Manchester United earlier this month.
The 25-year-old left Italy for Old Trafford in a £89million deal in 2016 - a then world record fee - but has been linked with a move back to Turin.
Pogba fuelled transfer talk in the build up to the game on November 7 when he referred to Juventus as his 'home'.
However, it appears there is no smoke without fire as it's been claimed that Juve chiefs made their intentions known to their United counterparts ahead of the Red Devils' shock 2-1 victory.
The Metro claim the Serie A side asked to be kept informed of Pogba's situation in Manchester amid a fallout with manager Jose Mourinho.
Relations between the pair have been strained, with the midfielder told he would no longer skipper the side again.
Reports in Italy also claim Pogba has told his former teammates he wants to rejoin them at the Allianz Stadium.
The 25-year-old checked in for United training on Tuesday as he bids to prove his fitness ahead of Saturday's clash against Crystal Palace.
Pogba pulled out of the France squad for their games against Holland and Uruguay after missing United's derby defeat at the Etihad.