Secrets men keep from women
By Jenna Birch | July 27th 2013
By Jenna Birch
Ever feel like your opinionated hubby’s holding something back? Men aren’t naturally gifted at expressing themselves like women, so they may keep quiet about sensitive subjects. But those secrets can cause marriage problems. Here’s what your husband may be hiding and how best to handle it:
1. “I need you to make me feel like a big, strong man.”
Your husband may feel insecure if his masculine qualities, like physical strength, never impress you. Since he’ll feel even less like a tough guy divulging this need for extra attention, he’ll stay mum. So compliment his brawn — even if it’s just for popping the lid off the jam jar.
2. “Yes, I was checking out that woman.”
The male brain is hardwired to notice pretty young things, since they’re likely to be fertile and capable of producing healthy children. In fact, your hubby’s head may turn before his brain realises!
Call him out for ogling or flirting, but let him off the hook for the occasional quick glance. As long as you’re the person he dotes on, sleeps with and adores, that 25-year-old has nothing on you
3. “It’s not that you look fat in that dress. They just all look the same to me.”
To him, the blue dress looks just like the red one you tried on. If he stumbles through a response about your outfit when you ask what he thinks, don’t read into it.
4. “Making love is great, but let’s just have sex on occasion.”
When it comes to doing the deed, men are microwaves and women are slow cookers. While he enjoys the romance of making love, sometimes he’d prefer to get to the big O faster. It’s tough for him to delicately explain this, so if he’s normally eager to please you, return the favour every now and then with a mind-blowing quickie.
5. “I have particular sexual fantasies.”
Whether it’s innocent or risqué, he probably won’t make these most private wishes known—but not because he wants to keep them to himself.
Many men have a difficult time communicating what they prefer in bed. He might want it, but doesn’t know how to ask or let you know.
6. “Sometimes I’d rather you be quiet.”
Although you’re perfectly capable of listening to him while you’re relaxing, he can’t multitask as well.But admitting he needs alone time as you spill your office problem doesn’t seem supportive, so he doesn’t bring it up.
Try giving him some space when he comes home.
7. “I lie to keep the peace.”
IIf he messes up and ‘fesses up, take a deep breath and address it without getting angry. And if you do fight, tell him after that you nevertheless appreciate his honesty.
8. “I wish you took better care of yourself.”
Yes, he loves you the way you are, but he also wants you to like how you look and feel. But he might not know how to suggest you get a new haircut, join a gym or take a day off from the kids.
Instead, he doesn’t say anything until it builds up to the point of coming off mean.
Ex-Raila aide lays ground for Ruto's Nyanza visit
- Duale mocks Raila, Kalonzo union, says why it will flop
- Body of Kilifi woman stolen from grave found dumped near river
- 'Scarface': End of an era as iconic lion dies aged 14 at Masai Mara
- Six killed in game park gun battle
By Ali Abdi
- Revisitor and revisited: We can’t blame Uhuru entirely