Benefits that come with a pedicure
By - Yunia Kuria | November 25th 2012
By Yunia Kuria
Your feet and legs take a lot of beating and it is therefore important that you take good care of them. A good pedicure is what your feet need to stay strong.
Yes, you can do pedicure at home, but there are benefits of going to a salon for a professional pedicure. They include:
• A professional will take care of your nails and skin and prevent infections from cuticles as a result of over-clipped and ingrown toenails.
• In a salon, you are assured of a relaxing massage. To enhance this journey to Eden is the warm footbath and soothing massage chair. I am sure not many of us keep such gadgets at home.
• The lotion and/or oils used in the massage moisturise the newly exfoliated skin, and massaging promotes circulation in the calves and feet. It can reduce foot pain and maintain the health and performance of the muscles.
• A pedicure rids the legs of old dead skin, and ensures the skin is more moisturised using extra rich products.
• A pedicure will also take extra care of the cuticles. Cuticle oil softens the cuticles and creates a neat and tidy perimeter around your nails. When a professional does it, there’s no infection or over trimming.
• Toenails are twice as thick as fingernails and so require strong clippers and shaping with a file best done by a professional.
Why Uhuru couldn’t leave Kirubi behind during foreign trips: CS Macharia
By Brian Okoth
- Good news as government slashes secondary school fees
- Bizarre: Man found licking dead teacher’s blood in mortuary arrested
By James Omoro
- Koome: I’ll work with Executive but cannot give up independence
- Why Kirubi couldn’t sell weaves, wigs
By Fred Kagonye
- Woman accused of leaking top Kenyan politician’s nude video speaks
By Brian Okoth