Benefits that come with a pedicure
- Yunia Kuria
| Nov 25th 2012 | 1 min read
By Yunia Kuria
Your feet and legs take a lot of beating and it is therefore important that you take good care of them. A good pedicure is what your feet need to stay strong.
Yes, you can do pedicure at home, but there are benefits of going to a salon for a professional pedicure. They include:
• A professional will take care of your nails and skin and prevent infections from cuticles as a result of over-clipped and ingrown toenails.
• In a salon, you are assured of a relaxing massage. To enhance this journey to Eden is the warm footbath and soothing massage chair. I am sure not many of us keep such gadgets at home.
• The lotion and/or oils used in the massage moisturise the newly exfoliated skin, and massaging promotes circulation in the calves and feet. It can reduce foot pain and maintain the health and performance of the muscles.
• A pedicure rids the legs of old dead skin, and ensures the skin is more moisturised using extra rich products.
• A pedicure will also take extra care of the cuticles. Cuticle oil softens the cuticles and creates a neat and tidy perimeter around your nails. When a professional does it, there’s no infection or over trimming.
• Toenails are twice as thick as fingernails and so require strong clippers and shaping with a file best done by a professional.
Wamalwa exit puts Uhuru-Ruto pact in jeopardyJustice Minister Eugene Wamalwa’s formal exit from the G7 alliance has thrown a fresh spanner in the works for the Uhuru Kenyatta and William Ruto’s pact.
When Njonjo almost resigned over coffee smugglersKnown as the era of black gold, it began in 1976 when Ugandan farmers decided to sell their coffee in the private market.
Six KNH employees in court for allegedly stealing Sh4.68m cancer drugs
HEALTH & SCIENCE
By Mate Tongola
- Karua vs Rigathi
- 'Samuel Mugota took care of me well', one of two new women tells police
By Kamore Maina
- Give Kithi an appointive seat, let me run for Kilifi Governor, Jumwa to Ruto
By Brian Okoth
- John Githongo to pay Murungaru Sh10m over Anglo Leasing
- Suspect drove getaway car after Mirema shooting: DCI
By Paul Ogemba