UK PM May says leadership challenge threshold not met
| November 18th 2018
British Prime Minister Theresa May said on Sunday that as far as she was aware, a formal challenge to her leadership had not yet gained enough support to trigger a confidence vote.
“As far as I know, no, it has not,” May told Sky News, when asked if the threshold had been met for a formal leadership contest.
To trigger a contest, 48 lawmakers from her Conservative Party must submit letter to the chairman of the committee in charge of leadership contests.
Exhibition reveals Francis Imbuga’s creativity“He had a very neat handwriting. He hardly made any mistakes and it’s something that really impresses me up to this day"
Why Kenyan boxers are winning medals once againThe BFK led by President Anthony ‘Jamal’ Ombok was elected into the office in 2019 and has since...
Form Two student begs for school fees in city streets
- 2,040 bullets recovered from car in Nairobi
- Human body parts dumped from speeding car in Nyamira
- Ex-Sports CS Wario guilty of misuse of Sh54m Rio Olympics funds
By Paul Ogemba
- 60,000 secondary school teachers to be trained on CBC
- Lupita among best-dressed celebrities at The Met Gala