Walkwood C of E Middle School bans girls from wearing skirts
| August 1st 2013
A school has banned girls from wearing skirts as part of its uniform policy.
Walkwood C of E Middle School in Redditch also said girls cannot wear blouses and will consult on whether to allow dresses in the summer term.
A letter to parents from the headteacher, David Doubtfire, said the changes come into effect from September and will gradually be phased in over the academic year.
The letter said: "All girls will be expected to wear trousers."
It added the girls' trousers should be of the same material as the boys and those pupils who have grey trousers will need to replace them with black pairs once they have grown out of them.
Locals want livestock allowed to graze in ADC farm linked to Ruto
- Raila’s grand march to State House begins
- Roads closed for Nairobi Expressway construction reopen from September 30
- Puzzle of dairy cows killed for udders and reproductive parts
- You have no right to complain about high fuel prices, Speaker tells MPs
- Willie Kimani murder: Four police officers have case to answer
By Sara Okuoro