36 teachers dead of virus as TSC assures of medical scheme
By Augustine Oduor | January 9th 2021
Thirty-six teachers have died of Covid-19 since the pandemic hit Kenya in March last year, Teachers Service Commission (TSC) has said.
TSC data shows that 209 teachers have recovered from the virus, 92 teachers are on home-based care and nine are hospitalised.
“All efforts are being made to ensure that all teachers under medical attention receive the best care so they get well and resume work,” said TSC Chief Executive Officer Nancy Macharia (pictured).
Of the 345 teachers affected by the virus, 159 were male and 186 females. Teachers above 58 years and those with pre-existing conditions will work from home.
Covid 19 Time Series
Murder suspect remanded for 14 days at Juja Police Station
- Justice Nduma Nderi: What I will do when I become CJ
- Rejected at birth: Curse of being born out of incest
- Fresh scheme to kick out Chebukati ahead of 2022
- Our baby is fine, says couple stuck in Thika Road night traffic
By Too Jared
- Search for CJ: Justice Nduma Mathews Nderi interviewed by JSC