Knut revokes Sossion suspension
By Anyango Otieno
| May 18th 2018
Embattled teachers’ union boss Wilson Sossion is free to continue performing his duties after a withdrawal of an earlier suspension from his position as secretary general.
In return, Kenya National Union of Teachers acting Chairman Wycliffe Omucheyi asked Mr Sossion, a nominated MP, to withdraw all cases he had filed against the union and its officials.
This, he said, would facilitate harmony after the two reached a truce.
Mr Omucheyi had on May 2, written to the Registrar of Trade Unions applying for a notice of change in Knut leadership, indicating that Sossion was no longer the boss.
The decision came after a National Executive Council meeting.
Royal wedding 2018: Finishing touches ahead of big dayFinal preparations are taking place on the eve of Saturday's royal wedding between Prince Harry and Meghan Markle.
Opening Ceremony: Kenya takes her pride of place as 2020 Tokyo Paralympic Games beginTeam Kenya Paralympics strolled majestically into the Tokyo Olympic Stadium led by captain Rodgers Kiprop and Powerlifter Hellen Wawira for the Openin
Drama at Kabati Market as suspected thieves return stolen goods
- City preacher Godfrey Migwi dead after short illness
- Sh58m, 40 land parcels, 8 cars: Property gets KETRACO employee in trouble
- A tale of two cities: Why the Nairobi’s expat community inhabit a different universe
By Peter Kimani
- Traffic cop killed in matatu accident along Valley Road
- How short December rains will affect you