Crisis as Laikipia University closes five campuses
By Antony Gitonga
| August 9th 2016
Students and leaders in Naivasha have termed unfair the decision to close down Laikipia University in Naivasha town.
The students took to the streets yesterday accusing the management of failing to involve them while making the decision.
The university says it will close Naivasha, Mararal, Embu, Eldoret and Nairobi campuses starting next year.
All students have been directed to report to the main campus or to join other universities of their choice.
Counties in crisis as Sh60b allocation delaysThe money is part of a Sh300 billion allocation to the counties this year to finance development and recurrent expenditure. Annual allocation to the counties is disbursed in three phases.
Why Kenyan boxers are winning medals once againThe BFK led by President Anthony ‘Jamal’ Ombok was elected into the office in 2019 and has since...
We’re broke, Moi University now admits
- We are implementing CBC to keep our jobs, teachers tell Magoha
By James Omoro
- Waiguru dumps Uhuru party for DP Ruto’s UDA
- Contractor set to open closed sections under construction on Mombasa Road
- Mbowe in Tanzania's court
- Nakuru doctor suspected of killing his two children dies in hospital