Embu Assembly allocates Sh22 million to boost fight against Covid-19
By Joseph Muchiri | March 30th 2020
The County Assembly has allocated Sh22 million to Governor Martin Wambora’s emergency kitty to fight Covid-19.
MCAs temporarily broke their recess to reconvene and pass the first Supplementary Budget for the financial year 2019/2020, which made the allocation in a contingency plan aimed at protecting locals from the infectious disease.
In addition, Speaker Josiah Thiriku revealed that the County Assembly had written to State security requesting that MCAs be listed among county personnel offering essential services during the government-imposed dusk-to-dawn curfew.
Covid 19 Time Series
Father of 17 pleads for help as life pushes him to the edge
By Faith Kutere
- Narok governorship race hots up as sole female aspirant okayed by elders
- Human Rights Commission blasts placement of roadblocks on Thika Road
- Why private schools dropped
- Trouble in Raila's paradise over BBI changes
By Oscar Obonyo
- DP defends Russian Jab as PPB affirms it meets safety standards