Tennessee, USA: A suspected devil worshipper has been accused of killing a woman, dismembering her body and eating part of her corpse, authorities said.
Gregory Hale, has been arrested at his home in Coffee County, Tennessee, and is charged with premeditated first-degree murder and abuse of a corpse.
District attorney Mickey Layne said police attended his address after a neighbour of 37-year-said they had reason to believe he had committed murder.
When police arrived at his house they found human remains on the ground.
Hale is being held in jail on a $1.5 million dollar (£900,000) bond.
- 1 Two former Vanderbilt football players found guilty by Tennessee jury
- 2 We are not devil worshippers, Umoinner says
- 3 Facebook "defriending" led to double murder, police say
- 4 Two former Vanderbilt football players found guilty by Tennessee jury
- 5 We are not devil worshippers, Umoinner says
- 6 Facebook "defriending" led to double murder, police say
Investigators have identified the victim as 36-year-old Lisa Hyder, from Dekalb County.
“’We are very early in the investigation,' said Assistant District Attorney Marla Holloway.
“The officers were out late last night into the early hours of the morning gathering information.”
Detectives believe the gruesome murder took place inside Hale's home on or around Friday.
He is reported to have admitted killing Hyder and then disposing of the body by chopping it up.
Hale buried the victim's body but ate part of the corpse, court documentation stated.
A friend of Hale’s said he a self-described devil worshipper who was fired from a slaughterhouse after the owner caught him performing a satanic ritual with animal parts.