Former State House Comptroller Abraham Kiptanui laid to rest [In pictures]
By Too Jared | April 10th 2021
The burial of former State House Comptroller Abraham Kiptanui has been laid to rest at his Kipkabus home, Uasin Gishu County.
Kiptanui, a powerful figure who long served as State House comptroller during the tenure of Kenya's second President, Daniel Arap Moi, died on Sunday at Nairobi Hospital. He retired in 1996.
A host of leaders were present at the burial, including Uasin Gishu County Governor Jackson Mandago, Baringo Senator Gideon Moi, Ainapkoi MP William Chepkut, and Soi MP Caleb Kositany.
Grand plan behind Uhuru and Raila 2022 election coalition pact
- Why it’s easier to get into Oxford, Harvard than top Kenyan schools
By XN Iraki
- How Chris Kirubi helped shape Nairobi
By Philip Kisia
- Four people rescued, several trapped as bridge collapses on Waiyaki Way
- Woman demands Sh25 million from Kenneth Lusaka for her unborn child
By Paul Ogemba
- Ruto and allies plot December, January mass walk-out from Jubilee