Ngilu slapped with Sh500,000 fine
| Nov 30th 2019 | 1 min read
Governor Charity Ngilu has been slapped with a Sh500,000 fine by a parliamentary committee for late submission of crucial documents required for her grilling on Sh21 billion county funds expenditure.
Ngilu (pictured), who had snubbed the Senate County Public Accounts and Investments Committee (CPAIC) three times, attracted the wrath of legislators for failing to provide support documents for funds channeled to her county.
CPAIC chairperson Moses Kajwang' said the committee would not allow governors to ambush them. “We are going to apply sanctions as spelt out in the Powers and Privileges Act,” ruled Kajwang'.
Kenyan stars shine in Cana Zone Three championshipsKenyans continued their impressive show in the ongoing CANA Zone Three Swimming and Open Water Championships at...
When Njonjo almost resigned over coffee smugglersKnown as the era of black gold, it began in 1976 when Ugandan farmers decided to sell their coffee in the private market.
Man shot six times in broad daylight at Mirema, Kasarani identified
By Kamore Maina
- Why Raila campaign team owes no artist anything- MCSK boss
- Governor aspirants pick and drop running mates in surprise moves
- Djibouti team: Alliance key to tackle Lamu Port issues
- Ruto downplays Karua choice, says Azimio will mutilate law
- I'm taking a break from politics, Kithure Kindiki says after running mate loss