Fire razes St George’s Girls Secondary School kitchen
By Mercy Asamba and Sarah Okuoro | September 9th 2017
A section of the kitchen at St George’s Girls Secondary School in Nairobi was Saturday night razed down by a fire that broke out at 10pm.
No casualties were reported as police and firefighters contained the inferno before it could spread. The cause of the fire was not immediately established.
In a press release, the school management assured members of the public and parents that the fire was under control.
“It is unfortunate that fire incident has been experienced at St. George's Girls High School, kitchen. So far no injuries and the cause of fire not known. Emergency Responders including the Nairobi City County Fire Fighters are fighting it and it is under control. Members of the public are advised to keep off and allow The Emergency Responders to deal with the Incident, “read a press release from the school.
Police said they were investigating the cause of the fire.
This comes just a week after another fire claimed the lives of 9 students at Moi Girls Secondary School in Nairobi when their dormitory went up in flames at 3am on September 2.
Knitting diver Tom Daley catches attention at Tokyo Olympics
- Abel Kipsang sets new Olympic record in 1,500m semis
- Thursday notebook: Team Kenya outfit is popular in Tokyo
- Olympics: Kimeli to stage lone battle in 5,000m final
Missing student found dead at university grounds
- Raila agrees to share political party billions with Wiper, other parties
- Unknown people were tracking Wycliffe Omwenga
- Fanfare as Raila meets musicians
By Betty Njeru
- Letter from Ithanga: Murang’a’s unexploited agricultural Canaan
By XN Iraki
- The four options for Kalonzo in 2022 succession