Seven-year-old girl drowns in river on way to school
By James Omoro
| February 24th 2017
A seven-year-old nursery school pupil drowned in a river in Homa Bay County on Wednesday. Judith Achieng' drowned in River Kowange in Mbita on her way to school.
The God's Gift Academy pupil met her death as she tried to cross the river. Witnesses said the girl had been left behind by her older siblings when she slipped and fell into the water.
Her body was recovered on Nyamanga Beach.
The impact of the Global Gag Rule on women in Kenya and across AfricaPolicy decisions made in the USA can have far-reaching consequences. Find out what impact the Global Gag Rule will have on women in Kenya and across Africa...
Opening Ceremony: Kenya takes her pride of place as 2020 Tokyo Paralympic Games beginTeam Kenya Paralympics strolled majestically into the Tokyo Olympic Stadium led by captain Rodgers Kiprop and Powerlifter Hellen Wawira for the Openin
Drama at Kabati Market as suspected thieves return stolen goods
- City preacher Godfrey Migwi dead after short illness
- Sh58m, 40 land parcels, 8 cars: Property gets KETRACO employee in trouble
- A tale of two cities: Why the Nairobi’s expat community inhabit a different universe
By Peter Kimani
- Traffic cop killed in matatu accident along Valley Road
- How short December rains will affect you