IG Boinnet refutes claims that Joho and two MPs have been arrested
By Standard Reporter
| January 13th 2017
Inspector General Joseph Boinnet refutes claims that Mombasa Governor Hassan Ali Joho, two MPs and several MCAs have been detained.
He says they are at Urban Police Station to query why a suspect is being held.
Supporters gathered outside the Urban Police Station demanding the release of Governor Joho and other politicians said to be detained.
GSU officers have been deployed at the Mombasa CID headquarters to disperse the crowd.
Governor Joho's lawyer Mohammed Balala claims the arrest is political.
Arsenal's new boy Cohen Bramall deletes Twitter account after tweet showing support for Man UnitedArsenal new boy Cohen Bramall has already deleted his Twitter account after trolls uncovered a tweet which suggested he is a Manchester United fan.
Opening Ceremony: Kenya takes her pride of place as 2020 Tokyo Paralympic Games beginTeam Kenya Paralympics strolled majestically into the Tokyo Olympic Stadium led by captain Rodgers Kiprop and Powerlifter Hellen Wawira for the Openin
FKF President Nick Mwendwa quits
By Paul Ogemba
- MP's car burns to a shell minutes after parking by driver
- Woman seeks Sh200,000 monthly child upkeep from Senator Ole Kina
By Paul Ogemba
- President Uhuru opens up on working with military
- Uhuru to wealthy nations: Covid will not be defeated by shutting us off
By Betty Njeru
- Hope for Kenya students as Canada promises to re-look into immigration practices