Interior PS Karanja Kibicho risks civil jail for contempt of court
By Joackim Bwana | January 6th 2017
Ministry of Interior Principal Secretary Karanja Kibicho risks being in contempt of court for failing to pay Sh1.3 million to an elderly man who sued the State.
Mr Kibicho failed to honour a High Court ruling of October 4, 2016, compelling him to pay Dominic Munguti Kitika within 21 days.
The order was the second one after the PS failed to comply with an earlier order of May 27, 2016. In December 2016, Mr Kitika asked the court to summon the PS to explain why he had not complied.
Ex-Raila aide lays ground for Ruto's Nyanza visit
- Man attends ‘his’ burial ceremony on leaving jail
By Anne Atieno
- Duale mocks Raila, Kalonzo union, says why it will flop
- Postmortem: Missing Mombasa woman died painfully
By Brian Okoth
- Woman ‘happy’ after angry mob lynches her bloodthirsty son
- UoN sheds jobs, courses in step to cut costs as admissions dip