Governors warned against misusing development cash
By Luke Anami
| September 1st 2016
The Commission on Revenue Allocation (CRA) has warned governors against misusing equalisation funds, which are meant for development. CRA chairman Micah Cheserem said if governors ignore his advice, it will lead to unmanageable debts.
Cheserem spoke when he toured Vihiga, Kakamega, Nandi, Trans Nzoia and Elgeyo Marakwet counties.
"Funds allocated under the equitable share are meant for services such as salaries, purchase of drugs in hospitals, and training and minor road repairs," he said.
‘The brother I know couldn’t have killed his children’, woman says
- How Aden Duale forced 8 per cent VAT pill down MPs’ throats
By Nzau Musau
- Road that has been an election pledge since 1979 almost complete
- Mololine matatu founder who rose from a tout to a millionaire
- ‘It’s untrue Nakuru doctor’s wife wanted to fly abroad and leave family behind’
By Brian Okoth
- Teachers to wait longer as TSC seals hopes of salary increment