Police kill four Al Shabaab terrorists in Lamu
By Kunow Abdullahi
| November 20th 2018
Police in Boni Forest killed four terrorists and recovered six AK-47 rifles in Ijara on the border of Lamu and Garissa counties.
The Rapid Border Patrol Unit officers, who are part of the multi-agency security Operation Linda Boni meant to flush out Al-Shabaab believed to be hiding inside the Forest, engaged in a gun fight with the terrorists who had attacked a communication mast in Ijara on Sunday night.
On Monday, Linda Boni Operation Director Joseph Kanyiri said security organs were pursuing others believed to have escaped with injuries.
“I appeal to the public to report any suspicious characters with bullet wounds or unexplained injuries,” said Mr Kanyiri.
He said operation to rid the area of Al Shabaab elements would continue until security was guaranteed.
The killings came five days after Al-Shabaab militants attacked a Kenya red-cross vehicle, injuring a volunteer working with the aid agency.
Locals want livestock allowed to graze in ADC farm linked to Ruto
- Raila’s grand march to State House begins
- Roads closed for Nairobi Expressway construction reopen from September 30
- Puzzle of dairy cows killed for udders and reproductive parts
- You have no right to complain about high fuel prices, Speaker tells MPs
- Willie Kimani murder: Four police officers have case to answer
By Sara Okuoro