Nyandarua traffic police officer among accident victims, loses four teeth
By Winfrey Owino | July 21st 2021
A Wednesday morning accident in South Kinangop, Nyandarua County left 13 people injured, including a traffic police officer.
The 8:30am accident occurred when a lorry, which was headed towards Naivasha from Nairobi, lost control and hit Police Constable Raymond Kiiru before ramming an oncoming matatu belonging to Mololine Sacco.
Twelve passengers in the matatu, aged between 30 and 75 years, sustained injuries of varying degree.
The victims, who were injured in the head, chest and limbs, were taken to Kijabe Mission Hospital for emergency treatment.
Constable Raymond Kiiru sustained a deep cut in the upper lip and lost four teeth in the accident.
His other three colleagues, who were also manning traffic at the spot, escaped the crash unscathed.
The driver of the lorry, whose registration plate number is KAB 574J, was not harmed in the morning incident.
Wreckages of the lorry and the public service vehicle were towed to Magumu Police Station.
Olympics: Faith leads Chebet and Jebitok into 1,500m women semi-finals
- Will Kenya finally open its medal account today?
- Olympics: Chepkoech and Kiyeng ready to deliver glory
- Italian Jacobs wins men's 100m gold at Tokyo Olympics
Missing student found dead at university grounds
- Raila agrees to share political party billions with Wiper, other parties
- Unknown people were tracking Wycliffe Omwenga
- Fanfare as Raila meets musicians
By Betty Njeru
- Letter from Ithanga: Murang’a’s unexploited agricultural Canaan
By XN Iraki
- The four options for Kalonzo in 2022 succession