Court punishes man who allowed 7-year-old son drive Prado TX
By Boniface Gikandi | June 15th 2021
A middle-aged man from Gatanga, Murang’a County who allowed his 7-year-old son drive his vehicle in contravention of the Traffic Act has been fined Sh20,000 or a three-month imprisonment.
Ayub Kinyanjui Muigai was arraigned at the Kandara Law Courts on Tuesday, June 15, where he pleaded guilty to the charge of knowingly allowing an unlicensed person to drive his car.
The video-taped incident, which went viral on social media, occurred on Saturday, June 12 at the Kirwara Shopping Centre in Gatanga.
“The law is clear that only those with valid driver’s licenses are allowed to drive. The court fines you Sh20,000 or serve three months in prison,” ruled Principal Magistrate Manuella Kinyanju.
The video showed the minor steering the vehicle, a Toyota Land Cruiser Prado TX, towards the main road, before diverting into the trade centre.
The boy’s father was consequently arrested on Monday evening, and spent the night in custody at the Kirwara Police Station.
Emmanuel Korir wins Kenya's first Gold at Tokyo Olympics
- Kenya's Kiyeng bags bronze as Chemutai claims gold for Uganda in women's 3000m steeplechase
- Athing Mu: 19-year-old Sudanese prodigy shining for USA at the Tokyo Olympics
- Factbox: Coronavirus cases at the Tokyo Olympics
Missing student found dead at university grounds
- Raila agrees to share political party billions with Wiper, other parties
- Unknown people were tracking Wycliffe Omwenga
- Fanfare as Raila meets musicians
By Betty Njeru
- Letter from Ithanga: Murang’a’s unexploited agricultural Canaan
By XN Iraki
- The four options for Kalonzo in 2022 succession