Father accused of child neglect told to clear fees balance
By Muriithi Mugo
| June 5th 2021
A man accused of child neglect has been ordered to file in court an education plan for his daughter by next Wednesday.
Court records show Stephen Muriithi had more than three arrest warrants for failing to appear as ordered. Embu Chief Magistrate Maxwell Gicheru threatened to jail Muriithi for failing to clear his daughter’s fee balance as promised.
Muriithi once found himself in Embu Prison for child neglect and court contempt. He is out on a personal bond and risks a fine of Sh100,000 for contempt or serve another jail term.
“In October 2018, you asked for forgiveness by the court for telling lies and promised to settle the issue in a month,” said Mr Gicheru. The magistrate ordered the accused to clear the fees arrears by June 9.
Court orders trader to pay Sh9.6 million import tax to KRABusinessman and politician Maur Bwanamaka has be fined Sh1 million and ordered to pay the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) Sh9.6 million
Judges at a loss after Uhuru fails to appoint themThe six judicial officers rejected by President Uhuru Kenyatta on Thursday evening, are at a loss on how to proceed.
‘The brother I know couldn’t have killed his children’, woman says
- How Aden Duale forced 8 per cent VAT pill down MPs’ throats
By Nzau Musau
- Road that has been an election pledge since 1979 almost complete
- Mololine matatu founder who rose from a tout to a millionaire
- ‘It’s untrue Nakuru doctor’s wife wanted to fly abroad and leave family behind’
By Brian Okoth
- Teachers to wait longer as TSC seals hopes of salary increment