MP lashes out at leaders over William Ruto's succession
By Boniface Gikandi | July 13th 2016
A Central Kenya MP has told off local leaders positioning themselves as running mates of Deputy President William Ruto in 2022.
Kigumo MP Jamleck Kamau claimed a section of politicians from the region had hatched a plot to antagonise others in their quest to be Ruto's running mate.
He said there was no doubt Mr Ruto will receive overwhelming support for the presidency after President Uhuru Kenyatta, adding that the DP will be free to make his choice for the deputy.
"We have to support Ruto," he said.
Drama as woman storms wedding [PHOTOS]
- High Court judges ignored key issues in ruling on BBI
By Edris Omondi
- Bodies of men allegedly thrown in river recovered
- ‘Israel supports Kenya’s de-escalation stance but must protect its citizens’
- Nullification of BBI wasn't shocking, it was the language used by judges
- Lecturer awarded Sh 416,000 for breach of contract