Man crushed to death by lorry
| Apr 26th 2013 | 1 min read
By JAMES MUNYEKI
Shock gripped Nyahururu town yesterday after a man ran into a moving lorry and was crushed to death. The incident occurred along the Nyahururu-Nakuru road at midday.
According to eyewitnesses, the man who looked confused was crushed by the rear tyres of the vehicle.
“We did not know what was happening to him as he looked confused. We saw him jumping onto the road where he was crushed to death. We think that he was on a suicide mission,” said Jane Wangechi.
Nyandarua OCPD Benjamin Onsongo said police were investigating the incident.
Why city could be free of traffic jams in 5 yearsTraffic jams within the Central Business District in Nairobi could become a thing of the past in the not so distant future.
When Njonjo almost resigned over coffee smugglersKnown as the era of black gold, it began in 1976 when Ugandan farmers decided to sell their coffee in the private market.
IEBC appeals order on MP Sabina's summons
- Safari rally fans warned over condom shortage in Naivasha
- KRA auctions abandoned goods worth Sh39.6m at Mombasa port
- Over 250,000 students to join higher learning institutions
- UK-based engineer takes aunt to court for 'grabbing' his land in Nairobi
By Paul Ogemba
- Cold weekend ahead as temperatures hit below 10 degrees
By Betty Njeru