Nairobi ranked fastest changing city in Africa
By James Wanzala | January 27th 2017
Nairobi is the most dynamic city in Africa, says the latest City Momentum Index.
According to the 2017 ratings, Nairobi is ranked 10th in the world, beating big cities such as Dubai, New York, Paris, and Stockholm.
The top five cities, according to the global index, were Bangalore (India), Chi Minh (Vietnam), Silicon Valley (US), Shanghai (China) and Hyderabad (India).
At number six was London (United Kingdom), and Austin (US) came seventh.
“These cities are now becoming more tightly networked and most are outperforming their national economies,” said the report.
- Compiled by James Wanzala
Foreigners halt KCB stake sale as NSE prices steady
- Konza deal with NSE opens doors to new tech startups
- Shocking cover-up at Kenya Power
- You can now buy and sell NSE shares on the same day
- Phew! Curfew is over but this is why I’ll not drink to it
By XN Iraki
- Ray of hope for firms, households as economic gloom starts to lift