Dubai airport flights delayed, canceled due to heavy rain
| Jan 11th 2020 | 1 min read
Dubai International, one of the world’s busiest airports, canceled, diverted and delayed flights on Saturday due to heavy rain and flooding, Dubai Airports said.
Flights are likely to be delayed throughout the day and some have been canceled or diverted to nearby Al Maktoum airport, state-owned Dubai Airports said on Twitter.
Video footage and images posted on social media showed part of the airport’s runway area submerged under water. Reuters could not immediately verify the footage.
Dubai airport is the base of airlines Emirates and flydubai.
Emirates said several flights to and from Dubai had been delayed. Flydubai said its flights were also delayed, while some had been diverted.
Are we seeing early indicators of a financial crisis?
- Safari Rally: Traders bag mixed fortunes as fans rev up sleepy lake town
- More hunger on the way as food inflation goes past 28-month high
- Why Kenya had borrow to repay a Sh17b Chinese loan
- More women now take up leadership positions in firms
- Top oil marketers tighten dominance in first 3 months