Branch eyes large mobile lending with Sh500 million credit
By Moses Omusolo | January 15th 2019
Mobile lender Branch International is set to expand its operations in the Kenyan market, after a Sh500 million capital injection.
The new credit line arranged by Centum-owned Barium Capital also marks the largest commercial paper issuance by Branch. “We continue to be impressed by Branch’s approach to credit management despite the very competitive Kenyan mobile lending space which for us remains the fundamental test of issuer quality,” said Barium Capital Managing Director Teresia Muthoni.
Last year Branch raised Sh350 million through a similar issuance and another Sh200 million in 2017.
Counties splashed Sh12.3b on travel during lockdown
- How to find the best work-life balance for self
- Opportunities galore for SMEs under key Africa trade deal
By Leah Nduati
- Insurers okay use of liquefied gas as alternative fuel for motorists
- Tourism industry upbeat ahead of Christmas peak
- Five steps to staff well-being when building a healthy workplace