Branch eyes large mobile lending with Sh500 million credit
By Moses Omusolo | January 15th 2019
Mobile lender Branch International is set to expand its operations in the Kenyan market, after a Sh500 million capital injection.
The new credit line arranged by Centum-owned Barium Capital also marks the largest commercial paper issuance by Branch. “We continue to be impressed by Branch’s approach to credit management despite the very competitive Kenyan mobile lending space which for us remains the fundamental test of issuer quality,” said Barium Capital Managing Director Teresia Muthoni.
Last year Branch raised Sh350 million through a similar issuance and another Sh200 million in 2017.
Construction of Sh20b housing project kicks off in Athi River
- Digitisation key in unlocking banks’ potential
By Kendi Ntwiga
- Kenya leads peers in water supply and sanitation inequalities
- Tying varsity funding to graduate jobs bold step
By XN Iraki
- What HR can do as burnout drives workers to 'The Great Resignation'
By Samuel Njogu
- Kenya races ahead of peers in sovereign wealth fund set up