Ramtons electronics firm goes online in deal with Kilimall
By Maina Mwangi | March 21st 2017
Consumer electronics firm Ramtons has signed up Kilimall to retail its products online. The move, the firm said in a statement, is aimed at growing its market beyond offline shops.
Through Kilimall, Ramtons will offer products in the home appliances category, including fridges, cookers, irons, toasters, kettles, heaters and fans.
“This partnership is based on the fact that more and more Kenyans are buying goods online,” said Ramtons Development Manager Ronak Popat.
“There is increased demand for home and living products and Kilimall will help us reach an even wider market.”
Kilimall Managing Director Victor Ma said the online mall has become a lifestyle market for many Kenyan shoppers.
High costs of cooking oil, fuel and power make life unbearable
- Local cement firms eye own clinker production to cut costs
- Extension of Sh3.5b meter-gauge railway line complete
- How healthy living has turned ginger into a goldmine for farmers
MONEY & MARKET
- State boosts local vehicle assembler with military deal
- Cost saving tactics to survive harsh economic times
By Peter Theuri