ABC Bank partners with Sacco to collect county cash
By Munene Kamau | February 22nd 2016
ABC Bank and Bingwa Sacco have entered a partnership that will see the two institutions collect revenue for Kirinyaga County.
The collections, according to the bank’s general manager, Peter Kinyanjui, will be done through an agent banking platform.
Bingwa becomes the second sacco in the county to enter such an arrangement after Fortune Sacco struck a similar deal last year. Mr Kinyanjui said saccos were best placed to collect revenues due to their branch networks across the county.
The county’s head of ICT projects, Eliud Kariuki, said with the platform, the revenue office would be able to monitor all the money collected on a daily basis.
Previously, he said, taxpayers had to travel to the county headquarters in Kutus and Kerugoya to pay levies, which lowered compliance levels.
— Munene Kamau
Slight reprieve at the pump as State slashes fuel prices by Sh5
- Inside State's mega plan to revamp small lake ports
SHIPPING & LOGISTICS
- Taxman bets on digital market to beat Sh1.7tr goal
- Kenya tops in green financing in Africa - report
- Quickmart owner acquires Ruiru based flower farm
- Three reasons why your business is unprofitable