Coronavirus: TikTok deletes 29,000 rule-breaking videos
By BBC | July 19th 2020
TikTok says it has deleted about 29,000 coronavirus-related videos that broke its rules in Europe alone since the beginning of 2020.
The video-sharing app says it does not allow misinformation that could harm an individual’s health or public safety.
It said about 3,000 of them contained medical misinformation and described the numbers as “low-level”.
The number of coronavirus-themed videos breaking the rules has fallen every month, since a peak in March, it said.
New curfew restrictions to run until May 29, state clarifies
- Mystery of Sh2m ransom note in woman’s murder
- Trans Nzoia children's doctor Arthur Usagi is dead
By Obare Osinde
- Man commits suicide few minutes after accident
- James Mwangi: Being at centre of Covid fight paid off
- Slain KBC journalist Betty Barasa buried in Ngong