President Uhuru reduces SGR economy class tickets to Sh700
By Sara Okuoro and Mercy Asamba | May 31st 2017
President Uhuru says SGR train passengers should not be charged more than Sh700 for economy class tickets on Nairobi-Mombasa route. The tickets were earlier priced at Sh900.
Uhuru has warned economic saboteurs against vandalising SGR.
President Uhuru flagged off the inaugural SGR passenger train dubbed Madaraka Express from Miritini, Mombasa County. He is anticipated to make two priority stops in Voi and Mtito Andei.
During his speech, the President said challenges are to be expected after launching of SGR. He however urged Kenyans to be supportive and embrace constructive criticism.
GSU officers blocked Mombasa Governor Ali Hassan Joho from attending the Miritini inaugural train flag off to Nairobi.
Justice Nduma Nderi: What I will do when I become CJ
- Bad blood among Koinange kin derails 40-year-old succession battle
- Man fights for right to raise his daughter aged three
- Family of KDF man killed cries for justice
By Mike Ekutan
- How the Rwathia boys carved own corner at Nairobi bourse
- Lake swells, homes flooded, people move