Involve State in CSR to boost economy, firms told
By Gardy Chacha | May 23rd 2016
Corporates should work in partnership with the Government for meaningful progress to be achieved in the country.
This was the verdict passed last week at a meeting between corporate bosses and Government officials to discuss how private sector projects can achieve maximum impact.
“Neither the Government, corporates nor civil society organisations can address the challenges of equitable, sustainable development on their own. We need all hands on deck to achieve transformational impact in Kenya,” said Gabriel Negatu, the regional director for the African Development Bank in East Africa.
Mr Negatu, who was a key speaker, added that Kenya was lucky to have a robust private sector, a development-focused Government and a vibrant civil society, and if the three worked together, the country would quickly attain the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Father of 17 pleads for help as life pushes him to the edge
By Faith Kutere
- Narok governorship race hots up as sole female aspirant okayed by elders
- Human Rights Commission blasts placement of roadblocks on Thika Road
- Why private schools dropped
- Trouble in Raila's paradise over BBI changes
By Oscar Obonyo
- DP defends Russian Jab as PPB affirms it meets safety standards