Economic survey report to be delayed, says KNBS
By Fredrick Obura | May 7th 2021
NAIROBI, KENYA: Economic survey report will not be released on time, Kenya National Bureau of Statistics (KNBS) has said.
In a notice, KNBS says the delay has been occasioned by the late submission of necessary data by respondents for the compilation of the report as a result of Covid-19 related challenges.
“The report will be disseminated at the earliest opportunity once the process is completed,” said Macdonald Obudho, Director General, Kenya National Bureau of Statistics.
The Economic Survey report is an annual publication prepared by the Kenya National Bureau of Statistics that provides socio-economic information covering five years.
The statistics are based on a wide variety of sources including own surveys and censuses, studies carried out by other institutions and administrative data collected by ministries, departments and agencies, county governments, and establishments.
The report is normally released ahead of the national budget speech read in June by the Treasury cabinet secretary.
Trouble in Uhuru's 'bedroom' as allies switch camps
- The 5 things Kirubi said I must enjoy in life: Igathe
By Brian Okoth
- Military chopper crashes in Kajiado, goes up in flames
- County finally gets access to DP's property to desilt Grogan canal
- Thika Road horror: Wife recounts last moments with motorist killed in bullet spray
- Court of Appeal constitutes seven-judge bench for BBI appeal cases