A former director of the Rift Valley Water Services Board (RWSB) who died last year is among those summoned by detectives probing the stalled Sh30 billion Itare dam project.
Samuel Kaaleng, who died in May last year, was among those summoned by the Director of Criminal Investigations, George Kinoti.
His widow, Jane Kaaleng, said she got information through the media that her late husband was being sought by anti-graft detectives.
"The family has not received the summons. We have only seen in the media that my late husband is being pursued by the DCI. It is shocking to us,’’ she told The Standard on phone.
She said her husband collapsed and died at their home in Lokichar.
Kaaleng, a former principal of Katilu Boys High School, vied for Turkana South parliamentary seat in 2013 but was beaten by Francis Ewaton (deceased).
Those summoned by DCI alongside the late Kaaleng are Narok politician Lydia Maskonde, Christine Ndoigo, Chesaina Bartonjo, Julius Lamaoni, Nemuel Machuki, Ewoi Lochom, Engineer Kyengo, Barack Amolo and Yatich David.
They were expected to present themselves before detectives at DCI headquarters on Kiambu Road yesterday.
According to a letter from the DCI to the Rift Valley Water Works Development Agency chief executive dated December 9, the summoned individuals were required to record statements in relation to alleged misappropriation of public funds.
Last week, Water Cabinet Secretary Simon Chelugui was questioned by the detectives. The dam has had challenges ranging from compensation to flawed procurement processes and numerous court cases.
It was meant to supply water to more than 800,000 residents of Molo, Njoro, Rongai, Kuresoi and Nakuru town but has since stalled.
Do not miss out on the latest news. Join the Standard Digital Telegram channel HERE.