30-year-old man murders father after quarel
Police have launched a manhunt for a 30-year-old man suspected of killing his father at a village in Chepngaina sub-location.
The suspect, a habitual petty offender who was released recently from custody, returned home drunk on Saturday evening and started quarreling with his father.
According to Bomet township location chief Reuben Ngetich, the man was reprimanding his son who got infuriated and hit him several times.
He died on the spot.
The chief said the reason for their quarrel has not been established.
He said neighbours rushed to the scene after hearing the old man shouting for help.
For More of This and Other Stories, Grab Your Copy of the Standard Newspaper.
Confirming the incident, Bomet sub-county police commander Geoffrey Walumbe said his officers were following leads to ensure the suspect is arrested and charged.
Walumbe said the body had been taken to Longisa County Referral Hospital.
We are undertaking a survey to help us improve our content for you. This will only take 1 minute of your time, please give us your feedback by clicking HERE. All responses will be confidential.
manhuntBomet sub-county policeLongisa County Referral HospitalMurder