Deputy Chief Justice Mwilu arraigned in court, freed on bond (Pictures)
SEE ALSO :Mwilu lawyer wants charges droppedOthers were, Daniel Maanzo, Julie Soweto, Millie Odhiambo, Okongo Omogeni, Peter Kaluma, Mutula Kilonzo Jnr and Anthony Oluoch. She was this afternoon arrested outside the Supreme Court and then taken to DCI headquarters in Kiambu. DCJ Mwilu is accused of;
- Obtaining execution of a security belonging to Imperial Bank Limited by false pretense.
- Abusing her office for personal gain.
- Accepting a gift in the form of money in circumstances which undermined public confidence in the integrity of her office.
- Unlawful failure to pay taxes.
- Conducting herself in disregard of the law.
SEE ALSO :Mwilu's lawyer accused of lyingHe also insisted that his office was independent and the decision to arrest the Deputy Chief Justice was not pegged on any political inclinations.
We are undertaking a survey to help us improve our content for you. This will only take 1 minute of your time, please give us your feedback by clicking HERE. All responses will be confidential.