×
App Icon
The Standard e-Paper
Join Thousands Daily
★★★★ - on Play Store
Download App

Good news for students who missed form one places last year

Education Cabinet Secretary Fred Matiang'i launches the selection of 2018 Form One students in Nairobi on Monday. [David Njaaga, Standard]

At least 50,000 Standard Eight leavers who missed Form One places last year will get slots this year, the Government has said.

Education Principal Secretary Belio Kipsang said there were more than 50,000 extra places in secondary schools, which the Government plans to allocate students who sat their Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE) exam last year and want to take advantage of the free secondary school education programme.

Get Full Access for Ksh299/Week.
Uncover the stories others won’t tell. Subscribe now for exclusive access
  • Unlimited access to all premium content
  • Uninterrupted ad-free browsing experience
  • Mobile-optimized reading experience
  • Weekly Newsletters
  • MPesa, Airtel Money and Cards accepted
Already a subscriber? Log in